The ATO is increasing its review of SMSF auditors. One of their concerns is auditor independence. If you provide services to a self managed super fund as either a tax agent, accountant, financial advisor or admnistrator then the ATO is likely to take the view that you have a potential conflict of interest if you also audit the SMSF concerned.
Matrix Business Solutions can provide independent audit services for these superannuation funds.
- As auditors, we are independent of the preparation of the accounts and tax return and independent of your client, the trustees.
- You maintain your relationship with your clients while we take on the task of reporting on compliance.
- You maintain the more profitable parts of working with SMSFs.
- You keep your professional indemnity insurance premiums down by avoiding audits.
- We take the stress out of audits for you.
- Our auditors are CPA accountants rather than clerical support staff.
- Our auditors have completed relevant CPA Australia training.
- Our auditors remain up to date with changes to the SIS Act and regulations.
- Our auditors work within our quality system.
- Our auditors will complete the work quickly provided all necessary information has been supplied.
Contact us to discuss your audit requirements. We can meet with you to talk about the number of funds, document flow, reports provided and fee structure.